Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I Got Peanutized!

My Peanuts Character from the Get Peanutized Peanuts Movie Website

I grew up absolutely loving Snoopy and the rest of the Peanuts gang. My mother's childhood fanaticism was passed on to me at an early age. A stuffed animal Snoopy. Picture books. Puzzles. Comic strips. Paperback comic books. VHS tapes. The only thing I disliked was the giant Snoopy at Knott's Berry Farm. Too much for 3-year-old me!

Now that I'm older, I don't have as much time for Peanuts. Calvin and Hobbes and Heart of the City replaced it as a favorite read, and I've long forgotten the lyrics to "A Book Report on Peter Rabbit" and "Lucy Says" and all the other songs I'd so religiously memorized. But once in a blue moon, I'll pick up my mom's hardback collector's editions and fall in love with it all over again. Thank you, Charles Schultz, for introducing me to the Red Baron, Beethoven, and the coolest music genre ever ("Snoopy music"). Now that I have been peanutized, I no longer have a childish dream of being Lucy. Now I can be her rival!

#peanutizeme #peanutsmovie #peanutsmovie2015